Grant of Probate
Grant of Probate is issued by the High Court to the named Executor(s) in a Will. Once the Grant of Probate has been issued, the Executor(s) named in the Will is authorised to administer the estate.
Letters of Administration
Letters of Administration (LA) in the form of Declaration or Order is issued when an individual passed away without a Will.
Section 17(1) under Public Trust Corporation Act 1995
- For movable* assets below RM 600,000 AmanahRaya can issue LA in the form of a Declaration outlining the assets.
- The Declaration will follow Faraid for Muslims and the Distribution Act 1958 for Non-Muslims or subject to family consensus.
Section 17(2) under Public Trust Corporation Act 1995
- For movable* assets below RM 50,000 AmanahRaya can issue LA in the form of a Direction directing payment to the rightful beneficiaries.
- Beneficiaries only need to present the direction to banks in order to receive any payment due.
Section 8 under Small Estates (Distribution) 1955
- Small Estate refers to the estate of a deceased consisting wholly or partially of immovable property not exceeding RM2 million.
- AmanahRaya can file an application at the Small Estates Distribution Unit for an appointment as Administrator or to apply for a distribution order for movable and immovable properties.
Section 13 under Public Trust Corporation Act 1995
AmanahRaya can file a petition in high Court for the following reasons;
- To administer estates with movable* and immovable** assets above RM 600,000.
- To obtain Grant of Probate for estates where the deceased left a Will (testate).
- To obtain Grant of Letters of Administration for estates where the deceased passed away without a Will (intestate).
- To replace an Executor who passed away before the administration of an Estate is completed.
- To replace an Administrator who is unable to complete the duties to administer an estate.
- To replace an Executor who has declined the appointment by the deceased.
**immovable : Eg : land, building
Estate Administration in Sarawak
Public Trust Corporation Act 1995
Type of Estates
Testate & Intestate
18 branches nationwide
Jurisdiction to grant LA
LA in the form of declaration or order
Conduct end to end investigation
AmanahRaya will attend hearing
Realization of Assests
Realized deceased’s asset efficiently
Settlement of Debts
Settlement of deceased’s liabilities
Exempted from furnishing surety bond
Protection of minors and the disabled
No cost for initial consultation
AmanahRaya offers free consultation throughout our network of 18
Experienced and reputable company
AmanahRaya has over 90 years experience in the Estate Administration process
AmanahRaya is empowered to summarily administer estates
AmanahRaya offers competitive and affordable fees
One stop centre
AmanahRaya provides a comprehensive solution for Estate Administration